Hello Games have provided new details and a new trailer for their No Man’s Sky Next update due out July 24th which amongst other things includes multiplayer, character customization and an overall across the visuals. Before we take a look at some of these features in more details, let’s cast an eye or two over the newly released trailer:
Following the release of the trailer, Hello Games duly noted some of the finer gameplay elements of the No Man’s Sky Next update seen within:
- Known about for a while know although it’s confirmed players will be able to join their friends or meet strangers and can play the full game together as a party. The trailer and we understand the box artwork seems to suggest two to four-player parties.
- Character Customisation
- Hello Games confirmed you can personalise your appearance with perhaps the option to play differing races, with the ability to customise your spacesuit.
- Third-person Viewpoint
- The game can now be played from a third-person perspective so you see your customised character.
- Updated Visuals
- Hello Games promises “dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds”, with more detail added to ships, buildings and NPCs.
- Bigger Bases
- Base size have been increased with hundreds of new parts added to help you create what you want.
- More Base Building
- You’re no longer stuck to a single planet in base building – bases can now be built “anywhere, on any planet”, and you can own multiple bases. While in multiplayer, bases are shared among the party.
- Freighter Fleets
- You can now command a fleet of freighters where you can “send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system.”
- Multiplayer Campaigns
- You can ask your buddies ionto your freighter where you can undertake “challenging” missions built for multiple players.
While this is the fourth update to the game since its stuttered launch mid 2016, it looks like it wont be the last with Sean Murray of Hello Games saying:
“This is an incredibly important update for us, it’s also just another step in a longer journey, and we’ll continue to support No Man’s Sky in this way for the foreseeable future.”
With the Next update, No Man’s Sky is starting to look like very much like the game we saw all those years ago and we’re excited to once again have a reason to pick it up again.
The NEXT update is a free update for existing PS4 and PC players and lands on July 24. The Xbox One version launches the same day and ships with the Next update included.