The Week in Review is a collection of all the posts written here at getindiegaming.com, videos uploaded to our YouTube channel together with a selection of links to other things we found interesting this past week. More generally these items are related to all things video games. On occasion we will look into other things such as lifestyle, news items although mostly these things are games based as after all, that’s what we really do, isn’t it?
Please feel free to send us anything you think we might like to see. The easiest way to get in touch with is us via Twitter although feel free to drop a note in the comments section below.
With that, lets get stuck in, shall we?
getindiegaming.com Posts from the Past Week:
Here’s everything that made it onto the website this past week:
- State of Mind Launches August 15th
- Life is Strange 2 New Trailer Hints at Something Dark
- The 2019 Independent Games Festival Is Open for Submissions
- Play Absolver for Free This Weekend on Steam
- Donut County Launches August 28th on PC, PS4 & iOS
- Truberbrook New Trailer Shows Off New Game Footage
- The Binding of Isaac Four Souls Beats Its Kickstarter Goal by Over 5000%
- The Top 5 Best Family Friendly iPhone Games for Mid 2018
- We Are Alright offers a Fascinating View into the Brutality of Indie Development
- Xbox Project Scarlett & Game Streaming – A Network Operator’s Perspective
YouTube Videos we Made from the Past Week:
Here’s a rundown of the videos we published on YouTube. Be sure to subscribe to the channel and click the notification bell to get access to them the second they arrive on the site.
Things we found Interesting around the Internet:
- Sir Patrick Stewart will reprise his iconic role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in a new Star Trekseries for CBS All Access. Stewart made the announcement over the weekend at this year’s Star Trekconvention in Las Vegas. Now this, is totally totally cool and while clearly non games related. Wow!!
- Fortnite for Android will ditch Google Play Store for Epic’s website. Epic Games CEO cites ‘economic efficiency’ of bypassing Play Store’s 30 percent cut.
- While we’re chatting about Fortnite, it might be a timed Samsung exclusive when it comes to Android later in the year.
- FIFA 19 has a survival mode. Of course it does.
- A new Sega Mega Drive game launches on August 14th – Tanglewood, a side-scroller in the 16-bit style, is coming out on Sega’s old console on 14th August, as well as PC via Steam.
- Nintendo has sold nearly 20 million Switches. The company says it’s sold 19.67 million Switch consoles as of June 30th, Overall, Nintendo made an operating profit of 30.5 billion yen ($275 million) off revenue of 168 billion yen ($1.51 billion) this quarter, year-on-year improvements of 88.4 percent and 9.1 percent, respectively. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has joined Super Mario Odyssey as the Switch’s second title to break 10 million units sold, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is likely to do the same.
Many thanks for reading, we hope you have an awesome what’s left of your day!