The Week in Review is a collection of all the posts written here at getindiegaming.com, videos uploaded to our YouTube channel together with a selection of links to other things we found interesting this past week. More generally these items are related to all things video games. On occasion we will look into other things such as lifestyle, news items although mostly these things are games based as after all, that’s what we really do, isn’t it?
Please feel free to send us anything you think we might like to see. The easiest way to get in touch with is us via Twitter although feel free to drop a note in the comments section below.
With that, lets get stuck in, shall we?
Posts from the Past Week:
Here’s everything that made it onto the website this past week:
- Overcooked 2 Patch and New Game Mode
- InkyPen plans to bring comic books to the Nintendo Switch
- Microsoft’s Xbox Access package – it’s an astonishingly good offering for those looking to get hold of a new Xbox
- The Summer Nintendo Switch Nindies Showcase was not full of anything too earth shattering although it showed off plenty games coming to the system.
- One of those announced at the Nindies Showcase was Towerfall – we love this game!
- We got to hear this week that the Good Life now has a publisher
- One of our standout games from this year’s E3, The Untitled Goose Game is coming to the Nintendo Switch as a console exclusive
- The folks from from Spelunky 2 showed off some new gameplay that includes online multiplayer
- Family Man looks like a cross between Minecraft and Breaking Bad
- Lonely Mountains: Downhill showed off a new trailer and announced they are also coming to the Switch at some point next year
- No Man’s Sky rolled out the first of their weekly in game player community events.
- Tick Tock a Tale for Two looks awesome!
- The team at Thatgamecompany sent out a load more Beta invites for Sky, the follow up to the always amazing Journey
Reviews & Features:
- We played and reviewed Bad North on the Switch. It’s Ace!
- We played and reviewed Donut County on the PS4. It’s Sweet!
- Our Top 7 trailer roundup for September is the best we’ve ever done within this series. We had so much fun pulling this one together.
- We interviewed Jamie D, the lead designer on Hellscreen.
Things we found Interesting around the Internet:
- Looks like the Pewdiepie might lose the top subscriber thingy quite soon. The channel that’s due to take over the crown is none other than T-Series, an Indian music production company known as a source for Bollywood music videos.
- How the Gates Foundation encourages people not to drive to work: Pretty cool bit on all the things they do to try and get people to not drive to work. From bike repair services on-site, to $3 a day ‘bonus’ for not driving.
- Spiderman out soon has lost a few puddles over the last year or and people are angry. Because.
- We loved playing Donut County. Here’s a piece on how the game put together the hole mechanic. Clever.
And with that, many thanks for reading!